Particularly now since summer is officially in full swing, keeping your feet healthy is a must especially if you tend to go out in sandals, flip-flops or even barefoot.
Nothing is more relaxing than a warm bath… except perhaps a relaxing warm detox bath that also helps cleanse the body…
Seriously- these detox baths will help remove toxins from the body and they also tend to make you tired so I suggest doing them before bed!
If you struggle with toxins or skin issues these natural recipes are a simple, easy and inexpensive way to boost health! I’m always up for a warm bath, and these natural add-ons help improve health while you relax!
SALT DETOX BATH RECIPE
- 1 cup of Epsom salt – this is a common ingredient found in detox baths
- 1 cup of sea salt
- 2 cups of baking soda
Salt Detox Bath Instructions
- Dissolve salt, Epsom salt, and baking soda in boiling water in a quart size jar and set aside. Fillthe tub with warm/hot water and add apple cider vinegar. Pour salt mixture in and add essential oils if using.
- Soak in bath for 30 minutes or as long as desired. Note that with any detox bath, you may feel tired or lightheaded when you get out. I don’t recommend doing this while home alone or before going somewhere in case you are tired or need help.
- This bath is great for soothing skin irritation, boosting magnesium levels and overall detoxing.
CLAY DETOX BATH RECIPE
- 1/2 cup bentonite clay
- 1/2 cupEpsom salt
- essential oils if desired
CLAY DETOX BATH INSTRUCTIONS
Dissolve the Epsom salt in a warm/hot bath and add essential oils if desired. For the clay there are two options:
- Vigorously mix the clay into a small amount of water until the clumps are mostly dissolved. Do not use metal for this! I mix with a plastic spoon in a glass jar. Add the clay mix to the bath and soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Mix that clay with a small amount of water to make a paste. Stand in the tub full of water and rub the clay mix all over your body to create a skin mask and let dry for 5 minutes before sitting down. This provides direct contact with the skin and effectively pulls toxins from the skin. Soak in the bath at least 20 minutes or as long as desired. While soaking, use a wash- cloth to scrub any remaining clay off the skin.
This bath is great for removing a lot of toxins as the clay binds to heavy metals and the Epsom salt help pull a variety of toxins from the body while replenishing magnesium levels.
OXYGEN DETOX BATH RECIPE
- 2 cups (or more) of Hydrogen Peroxide
- 1 Tablespoon driedGinger Powder
OXYGEN DETOX BATH INSTRUCTIONS
Fill the tub with warm/hot water and add the hydrogen peroxide and dried Ginger. Soak in tub for 30 minutes or as long as desired. This bath is especially helpful during illness, as the ginger helps clear congestion or alleviate body aches. It can also be helpful for allergies or skin irritation.
FOOT DETOX PADS
These pads are typically made from tree and bamboo extracts, and can be purchased at just about any health food store. Foot detox pads, also known as foot detox patches, have their origins in Japanese culture and are simple to use.
In most cases, applying the foot detox pads before you go to sleep and removing them when you wake up will do the trick. Most find the pads darkened with the toxins removed from your body overnight from just a single use. Users of foot detox pads report feeling less fatigue, less joint pain, and fewer headaches.
Ionic Foot Bath
Ionic foot baths are used to detoxify the body by extracting toxins from, yep, you guessed it, your feet. Ionic foot baths use an electrical process that produces positive and negative ions in warm saltwater.
The idea behind ionic foot baths is a process called electrolysis, a method of using an electrical current to create a chemical reaction. Energy is charged through the saltwater, breaking down water molecules into ions. Warm water opens the pores of the feet, salt acts as an anti-inflammatory astringent, ions are absorbed and the detoxification of your feet begins.
Once the saltwater has been added to the foot bath, you’ll see the water change color, often to a dark mud-brown, or, in some cases, black, color. The color change occurs as a result of the salt reacting with the ionic cartridge (or other method used to produce the ionic charge). It is not a result of toxins leaving your body, as some mistakenly believe.
ADDITIONAL DETOX BATH NOTES
- The warmer the water, the more powerful the detox effect will be.
- If you have chlorine and fluoride in your water, I recommend adding a few tablespoons of bentonite clay to any of these baths to help absorb the chemicals so they aren’t absorbed into the skin.
- Any of these natural ingredients can be used alone or in combination for a cleansing effect.
- All recipes can be doubled or tripled but this will increase the detox effect.